Cassia gum is primarily a ground purified endosperms of the seeds Cassia tora plants. The seed were dehusked and de-germed by thermal mechanical process followed by milling and screening of the endosperms. The ground endosperms are further purified by extraction process.
Casia Tora plants grows wild in the subtropical region of the world and period of ripening is about 100 days…
Cassia Gum is consisting of at least 75% polysaccharide having primarily of a liner chain of 1,4-β-D Manno pyranose units with 1-6 linked α-D Glactopyranose units. The ratio of mannose to Galactose is 5:1 with molecular weight varies from 200,000 -300,000.
Basic properties of Cassia Gum.
- Appearance: Off white-fine powder
- Odour: Neutral
- Taste: Neutral
- Bulk density: 0.6 kg /Liter
- Particle size: ≤ 250 Micron
- Solubility: Insoluble in Ethanol, Disperse well in cold water and forms colloidal solution.
- pH of 1% solution: 5.5 -8.0
- 1% viscosity: ≥ 250 cps